Sunday 4 November 2012

Fireworks part 2

If you haven't read my first firework blog I would suggest you read that HERE. At the weekend when I do 90%of my shooting I went to the churchdown fireworks which was the grand opening of the ponds which I have not yet gone to see in the day time. Anyway back on subject, on the whole it was a good display there were a lot of white fireworks which as a photographer isn't the best, they don't photograph well.






As for the shooting I found myself quickly going form f8 to f11 and going for a longer exposure. As a result I took in more ambient light, due to this I was able to capture some more detail in the shadows. Because I was shooting in raw I was able to slightly brighten the shadows and because of that I think it is a more interesting image.



The whole point of this was to keep shooting and trying to do something different than last time seeing how it plans out. In my last shoot I was able to bring out the foreground in one of my images, I liked the look of that and tried to make it better in this shoot. With the longer exposure I was able to pull the foreground with less noise. This is all working up to when, and there will be a when I get into the location with the awesome foreground which means I will then be able to execute the shot a lot better and hopefully get one of those killer images.

Thanks for reading you can find more images on my website and more more about me here where you will find all my links



No comments:

Post a Comment